HOME INSPECTOR LICENSING
Home Inspectors in New York State are required by law to meet several requirements prior to being granted a state license.
- Candidates must take and pass a state approved training course
- Participate in at least 100 Home Inspections
- Pass the state examination, and
- Show proof of adequate liability insurance
- Licensees are also required to meet Continuing Education standards in order to renew their license every two years.
To the benefit of consumers New York State also requires that Licensed Home Inspectors abide by the Code of Ethics, Regulations and the Standards of Practice set forth in Title 19 of NYCRR Subparts 197-4 and 197-5.
Contact us today to schedule your inspection.
- Learn about the Main Components of a Home Inspection.
- Review the definitions of Common Inspection Terms.
- NACHI Guide What Really Matters in a Home Inspection.
- NACHI Home Inspection Glossary.
- North View Home Inspections, LLC follows New York State Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice for Home Inspectors.